Frank & Helen Bagley and The Bagley Store
Dan and Janis Sawatzky of Chemainus, B.C.
April 26, 1997
5653 Historic Plaza
Homesteaders Frank and Helen Bagley arrived with their three sons on Thanksgiving Day 1927. They had filed on a 160-acre homestead, setting up house in an 18-foot by 18-foot garage, which soon became the town's first general store when local miners and homesteaders began asking them to lend out or pick up supplies. The Plaza, which grew up around Bagley's Market, soon became the social center of the community - offering food and sundries, gas station, post office, notary service, library, and the first public telephone switchboard.
Action 29 Palms
PO Box 306
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
Copyright 2017 Action 29 Palms.
All Rights Reserved
Action 29 Palms is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
We are a member of: The Global Mural, Arts and Cultural Tourism Association; a founding member of the California Public Arts and Mural Society (CALPAMS); a charter member of the California Public Arts Association, Inc. (CALPAA); Twentynine Palms Chamber of Commerce; and Basin Wide Foundation.
Something is Happening in 29 Palms - Catch the Spirit!
Oasis of Murals
Twentynine Palms, CA
Click to view larger image